Monday, August 17, 2009

I plan to use some of these tools in my teaching and in my life


For educators and tech junkies alike, I found the most incredible site listing of Web 2.0 tools and applications EVER! You can so easily get lost there, surfing for the coolest new tools for collaborating, editing, shopping, searching, reading, networking, podcasting, tweeting, sharing, filing, organizing, and any other -ing you can think of. And I thought that Google had it all! Apparently, I had absolutely no idea how many brilliant people are out there every day creating brand new tools to make all of our lives easier. The main problem that I predict? There's not nearly enough time to explore the options and to learn how to use them in a meaningful way. How can a layperson possible know what works and what doesn't? I worry that I'm going to miss that one amazing, can't-do-without application that will transform me from a good teacher to an unbelievable teacher. Yes, I know in my head that such a tool doesn't really exist. But I can't help feeling overwhelmed by this constant stream of new technology. I don't have the skills to discern those apps that can really assist me as an educator. I guess good, old-fashioned trial and error?

No comments:

Post a Comment