Friday, December 4, 2009

Teaching Social Studies in the NCLB Era

Well, it took me awhile to figure out how to actually embed this archived podcast onto my blog, but I finally managed it! Podcasting is such a great use of technology and I can envision students really getting into a presentation that employs a tool like BlogTalkRadio. It's much easier than I thought it would be. My partner Jenny and I decided to discuss the challenges of teaching social studies under No Child Left Behind. We conducted a live interview with my field instructor, a retired teacher from Ann Arbor, and incorporated a great interview clip from NPR with an expert in social studies content. If you have 30 minutes, I highly recommend that you take a listen! Oh, and how proud am I that I figured out how to remove the autostart from true to false so that the podcast wouldn't automatically play whenever I link to my blog? Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment