Friday, July 17, 2009

I want to attend this conference

So this post is specifically addressed to those MAC-ers that are social studies majors (or any of the sub-specialties like economics, history, political science, and geography). I was surfing around some websites and blogs this afternoon and I ventured onto the National Council for the Social Studies site. They are the largest association of social studies educators in the country and they are having their annual conference in Atlanta, November 13-15, 2009. I asked our faculty members if it would be feasible to attend and I got the green light from Charlie. So I'm seriously thinking of going. If you think you'd be interested too, let me know and maybe we can coordinate a group rate. This could be a great opportunity to get to know the movers and shakers in the field and to get a head start on professional development. Plus, it could serve as an excellent complement to our methods class and help us as we transition into full-time student teaching in January.

Follow this link to find information about the Conference and if it sounds like something you would like to consider, find me in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment